New school year…new goals! This is my year to take better care of myself. Being a mom of 6 means that
quite often almost always I put the needs of my family over my own needs. I suppose I learned this from my mom…who did the same thing.
It is not selfish to take care of myself. A stronger, happier me is better able to care for those that depend on me!
I have figured out that I need to take care of myself so that I can take care of my family. I don’t expect to ever have the body I had when I was 25…however, multiple pregnancies close together took a toll on my ab muscles and it is time to strengthen them.
I exercise on and off…this summer I have been doing the bikini body mommy challenge 5.0. Bonus: This 90 day series is free! She does have membership options for those that want some extras…including an ab series.
Here is my plan: There are 8 exercises in this post that I am going to do 6 days a week for the next 6 weeks.
- Heel Tap (10 reps each leg)
- Heel Slide (10 reps each leg)
- Resistance Band Leg Pull (20 reps)
- Knee Ball Squeeze (20 reps)
- Weighted Bridge (20 reps with 8 lb weight)
- Traditional Squat (10 squats)
- Resistance Band Hop (20 hops)
- Around the Clock Lunges (10 sets each leg)
I’m also going to add the following exercises
- Weighted Side Bend (1 set 15 reps each side)
- Wall Sit (1 set 30 seconds)
- Side Plank (1 set 10 seconds each side)…this one is hard for me! I was shaking after 10 seconds this morning!
- Superman (2 sets 10 seconds)
Adding to my exercise plan
- I am going to drink 64 ounces of water each day. I am not a great water drinker so this will take some effort on my part.
- I am also going to focus on getting 5 fruits and veggies each day. This will take some planning.